- Identify at least five common kinds of wood, such as pine, walnut, oak, and cedar.
- Know the characteristics for the woods identified, and know one use for each example.
- What is the difference between hard and soft wood?
- Know how to properly use the following tools in wood handicrafts:
- Coping saw
- Sanding block
- Know at least two safety procedures for each of the above tools.
- Cut out, assemble, and finish animal bookends or doorstop.
- Cut out and finish a garden stake or lawn marker, using a design such as a child, bird, flower, or tree.
- Make a plaque, tray, notebook cover, or some other useful object in which wood burning is used.
Download Honor Book