- Have the Wilderness Leadership Honor.
- Have the following Honors:
- Edible Wild Plants
- Wilderness Living
- Outdoor Leadership
- Know and practice the principles of camouflage and tracking.
- What physical and mental preparations are necessary before a wilderness experience?
- Demonstrate some skills necessary for wilderness leadership in two of the following areas not completed for the Wilderness Leadership Honor.
- Mountain (rocks, ice, high altitude)
- Temperate forest
- Plain and tundra
- Demonstrate the construction and operation of two types of snares or traps.
- Know the points of consideration in the following types of travel:
- Understand the principles of developing a faith in divine leadership as outlined in Psalms 91.
- Understand what steps should be taken for the survival of the wilderness.
- Assist in instructing one honor from requirement 1 of the Wilderness Leadership Honor.
- Build a shelter from non-living but natural materials (such as a debris hut).
- Plan and participate in a week’s wilderness camping experience, applying the principles and skills learned in this honor.
Download Honor Book