- Prerequisite: Have the Intermediate Swimming Honor.
- Know and practice the following safety rules:
- Never ski at night
- Never ski during an electrical storm.
- Always wear a ski vest while skiing.
- Check to be sure the vest buckle is securely locked.
- Make sure the ski rope is in good condition.
- Make sure the ski bindings are in good condition.
- Have a spotter or a mirror in the ski boat.
- Stay clear of objects, such as other skiers, swimmers, docks, or floating objects.
- If a fall occurs, let go of the rope.
- After a fall, raise a hand to indicate you are all right.
- Do not stand in the ski boat while it is moving.
- Know the following hand signals:
- Speed okay
- Back to dock
- Put on skis in deep water. Execute a deep water start on two skis with a full-line rope.
- Successfully cross both wakes.
- Identify the following:
- Double ski
- Slalom ski
- Trick ski
- Disk ski
*NOTE: All Skiers in AY-sponsored water skiing shall wear life jackets.
Download Honor Book