- Practice your tree climbing skills a number of times on a 10-15 foot tree.
- Climb a 20-foot coconut tree. Demonstrate the manner of getting back down to the ground safely.
- Do the following:
- Climb a tree using any one of four common methods.
- Describe the other methods in details to the instructor.
- The instructor should select trees suitable for climbing; one with lots of branches, the other a coconut tree. Each person must demonstrate on each of the two trees on how to apply the two methods of tree climbing (squat hopping and monkey type.)
- Demonstrate how you would safely carry a bush knife and an axe up a tree.
- Do the following
- Climb a coconut tree demonstrating how you would carry a bag.
- Remove a coconut without using a knife or sharp instrument using only your limbs and return to the ground with it in your bag.
- Know how to remove an injured person from a tree.
Download Honor Book