- Know the basic rules, safety considerations, and warm-up exercises for the six track and field events listed below.
- Run the 50-yard dash in the time for your sex and age as follows:
- In sprinting, which part of the foot should touch first during the stride? What are the proper arm and head positions?
- Run the 600-yard run-walk in the time for your sex and age as follows:
- Answer the following questions about distance running:
- What are two Bible stories that mention distance runners?
- What are the proper clothes, including shoes, for distance running in your area?
- How long is the average track?
- How far is a marathon race?
- Which part of the foot should touch first during the stride?
- What are the proper arm and head positions while distance running?
- What is the proper way to breathe?
- How does cross-country running differ from running on a track?
- Run one of the following events at least twice and record the best time:
- 50-yard dash with four hurdles.
- 70 yard dash with six hurdles.
- Do the high jump with good form at least five times and record the highest jump.
- Do a running broad jump three times and record the best length.
- Run the following relays:
- Visual pass relay
- Blind pass relay
Download Honor Book