- Know what the best types of materials are for dyeing and how to prepare them for dyeing.
- Know what the purpose of the soda ash is and how long the fabric is to soak.
- Know the purpose of the urea that is mixed with the dye.
- What safety equipment should be worn when mixing up the dye for Tie-Dyeing? Why?
- Determine what the three primary colors are.
- Verbally describe what primary colors of dye will be needed to make the following secondary colors: Orange, Green, and Purple.
- Verbally describe what the outcome will be if two secondary colors are mixed.
- Use a Kleenex tissue and colored marker to demonstrate two different types of folds one could do on a T-shirt.
- Once you have seen the outcome of the different folds you have created on tissue, fold & dye an item for yourself. Bandana, t-shirt, pillowcase, etc. Always keep in mind, no two items will be identical, nor will they be perfect. Each item will be as unique as the individual who made it.
- Wear or bring this item to the next meeting for your club members to see.
Download Honor Book