- Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postal service in your country.
- How is the history of your country told in postage stamps?
- What are the rates for first-class mail in your country?
- What country does not have its name on its stamps and why?
- Know the meaning of the following:
- Coil stamp
- Booklet stamp
- Perforation gauge
- Definitive stamps
- Commemorative stamps
- Plastic mounts
- Have knowledge of how to soak stamps from paper and how to dry them.
- Make a collection of at least 750 stamps. (No two stamps alike)
- Properly classify these stamps:
- As to country
- In series; that is, according to year and design
- Mount your stamps with gummed hinges or plastic mounts. (Plastic mounts are preferred for new stamps.)
- Choose a topical idea and develop a display of at least nine pages, including a title page, suitable for a stamp club show, Pathfinder Fair, etc. Display should be artistically arranged, neatly labeled and mounted, showing careful thought and research. Covers or cachets may be included.
Download Honor Book