- Make a collection of 30 various colored sands and name of locality where secured. (Note: Have a package of sandwich bags, a pencil, and a small spoon or scoop to gather the sand. Mount in small bottles.)
- What does the term “sand” mean? Name two kinds of sand.
- Give the origin of sand and mineral content.
- What is the difference between sand and soil?
- What is meant by shape, surface, grain fracture, and grain size?
- Define the following and give use of each:
- Glass sand
- Molding sand
- Polishing sand
- Building sand
- Filter sand
- Furnace sand
- Lake shore sand
- Examine five types of sand specimens under magnification and observe the various characteristics.
- Memorize Genesis 22:17 and Proverbs 27:3.
Download Honor Book