- Have the Rocks and Minerals Honor.
- Have a collection of 30 rocks and minerals properly named, 20 of which you have personally collected. Give collector’s name, date, and locality in which specimen was found.
- Know two minerals that belong to each of the following crystal systems: isometric, hexagonal, tetragonal.
- Know the Mohs’ scale of hardness and the simplified field tests of hardness. By using these field tests, collect a scale range of specimens from your own region to form your own hardness test set.
- Do one of the following:
- Know and tell two different processes by which metals are extracted from ores.
- Name eight minerals, and tell how each is used.
- Define crystalline, cryptocrystalline, breccia, noncrystalline, fibrous fracture, vitreous luster, geode, petrification, stalactite, fluorescence.
- What four metals are frequently found in native or free form?
- Discuss the contents of at least three statements from the Spirit of Prophecy concerning rocks or minerals.
Download Honor Book