- As a group or with a friend discuss:
- What do you think prayer is?
- Why do you believe prayer is important?
- Do you think a person can be a Christian and not pray?
- Individually or as a group, examine the two versions of the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4) found in the gospels.
- What are the differences?
- When might one of the versions be more appropriate than the other in your spiritual life?
- Why do you think the Lord’s Prayer is important to Christianity? To you?
- Locate six (6) prayers in the Bible (at least two of Jesus’ and two in the Old Testament), then:
- Read / listen to each prayer
- Discover who prayed, what they prayed for, and why they prayed
- Discover the result of each prayer
- Learn the A C T S for prayer and list an example of a prayer of each type in the Bible.
- A – Adoration (Praise)
- C – Confession
- T – Thanksgiving
- S – Supplication (Requests)
- As a group or with a friend, read / listen to and discuss the chapter on Prayer in the book, Steps to Christ.
- As a group or with a friend, discuss how you have seen God answer personal prayer, whether your prayers or those of a friend or family member.
- Develop a personal prayer life by praying daily for a month for:
- A mission / missionary
- Person(s) who are ill
- A church or school leader
- An issue(s) affecting the neighbors of your community. Share your experience with your group and/or instructor.
- Pray with someone that has a physical, emotional, or spiritual need.
Download Honor Book