- Define the characteristics of an orchid.
- What are the two main groups of orchids according to their growth patterns? Name and show examples of each from a live plant or picture.
- What are the differences between epiphytic, parasitic, and saprophytic orchids?
- Discuss the distribution of orchids, making particular reference to the occurrence of these in your area.
- Name the main cultivated genera of orchids. Identify three from plants or pictures. What is a cultivar?
- Discuss the main essentials to be observed in the cultivation of orchids. Grow at least one orchid for at least six months.
- What are the main uses of orchids? What orchid is used commercially?
Download Honor Book