- Have the Nutrition Honor.
- Read a book about Nutrition.
- Do the following:
- Keep a food diary on yourself for one week.
- Calculate the total nutrients for each day of the following: calories, protein, iron, calcium, Vitamin A, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin and Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid.
- How does this compare with the Recommended Dietary Daily Allowance chart?
- Explain why a high fiber diet is important and tell how this can be obtained.
- Name three diseases due to malnutrition and describe the symptoms of each.
- What are the symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency?
- What advice would you give a person who decided to be a total vegetarian?
- What is the difference between saturated and unsaturated fats? Which is the most healthful and why?
- Why is it advisable to use less sugar in our diet and suggest ways in which this may be accomplished?
- Using the book Counsels on Diet and Foods, write a paragraph on the benefits of a lacto‑ovo vegetarian diet.
Download Honor Book