- Have the Indian Lore Honor.
- Know and have a list of at least 40 foods introduced to us by the Indians of North and South America.
- Participate in a meal using as many Indian foods and cooking methods as possible.
- Name five drugs or medicine plants used by the Indians.
- Discuss the Indians of your area with regard to:
- Tribes located there
- Homes and clothing
- Native crafts performed, such as basketry, pottery, mats, etc.
- Religious practices
- Form of Government
- If you do not live in North America, choose any of the following for study: Northeast, Southeast, Northwest, Southwest
- Name 10 articles used by the Indians in their religious ceremonies.
- Explain two methods of mounting and displaying arrowheads.
- Explain one method of restoring and mending damaged arrowheads, ollas, blankets, and baskets.
- Name and locate at least 10 different tribes of the present day and tell for what each is noted.
- Experiment with plant dyes as used by the Indians and try to obtain at least two shades of color.
- Do one of the following:
- Visit an Indian museum
- Visit Indian ruins or mounds
- Make a personal visit with an Indian
- Visit an Indian village or reservation
Download Honor Book