- Play or sing a scale, and know its composition.
- Write a scale in both treble and bass clefs.
- Know a half tone, a whole tone, a third, a fifth, and an octave.
- Distinguish a march from a waltz, and give the time of each.
- What is a quarter note? A half note? A whole note? Draw the symbols.
- Name five great composers and one composition of each, including an oratorio, piano composition, and a song.
- Play with or without music or sing from memory 15 hymns and/or other sacred songs or choruses and list the composer of each. (One verse or Stanza each)
- Play, or sing from memory, one piece of good music other than those used in #7.
- For instrumentalists: Be able to sight-read and play a moderately difficult piece of music. Explain all signs and terms in it.
- For singers: Show with baton or arm how to lead a group in singing compositions written in 3/4 and 4/4 time.
- Define orchestra, and name at least five instruments in an orchestra.
- Do a biographical sketch on a famous hymn writer and orally present it to a group.
Download Honor Book