- Define the following terms:
- Mountain range
- Tell three ways mountains have been formed.
- Choose ten mountains, including 2 from enar were you live, and tell what each ones name is, what its height is, where it is located, and what mountain range (if any) it is a part of. Try to choose mountains from as many different countries as possible.
- Match each description to its correct answer:
- Underwater ountain range thatgoes around the world
- Highest mountains on each continent
- Highest mountain in South America
- Tallest mountain on earth
- World’s longest mountain range
- Highest mountain in Japan
- Highest volcano in Asia
- Indians call it Denali, “The Great One”
- Mountain known for its “perfect cone”
- Range with the highes mountains on earth
- Ocean Ridge
- Seven Summits
- List at least four mountains mentioned in the Bible and tell what important events took place there.
- Visit a mountain, and tell about your experience in one of these ways:
- Tell someone a story about your visit
- Write a narrative story about your visit
- Make a video or Multimedia presentaton about your visit
- Make a picture scrapbook about your visit (this may be a group project)
- NOTE: If there is NOT a mountain in your state/province/region, you may watch a video about mountains. then either
- summarize the video
- Create a multimedia presentation about the video
- Create a 3-D model of a mountain/volcano and demonstrate its eruption
- Choose one of the following verses about mountains and recite it:
- Psalm 90:2
- Isaiah 52:7
- Isaiah 55:12
- Create a game or activity based on the terminology and mountains that you learned about in this honor.
Download Honor Book