- Be able to identify three of each of the following and know where each is found. Know at least one by scientific name from each group:
- Toothed Whales
- Baleen Whales
- True Seals
- Eared Seals
- Walruses (one kind)
- Sea Otter (one kind)
- Know and locate the story of how God used a whale in Bible times.
- What is the largest mammal in the sea?
- Explain the following words:
- Draw a food chain of two different marine mammals.
- What is the purpose of blubber?
- Know two reasons that seals are hunted.
- Describe why seals and dolphins can move so quickly in the water.
- Do one of the following:
- Take a trip to an aquarium. Learn about and observe the daily feeding schedule of a marine mammal.
- Write a 500-word report on a marine mammal. Include pictures.
- Write a 500-word report on current events involving marine mammals and their environment and how they could be endangered.
Download Honor Book