- What part of the world and time of year does the maple sugar industry function and why?
- Explain how sweet sap is made by the Maple tree and how it is stored over the winter.
- Identify the Sugar Maple tree by its bark and leaf.
- How deep into a Maple tree does one drill for best results?
- How long does it take for a healthy Maple tree tap’s hole to heal?
- How close to an old tap hole can a new tap hole be made?
- How many taps can be made on a healthy Maple tree without injuring it?
- Tell how maple sugar is made from maple syrup.
- What is the ideal weather for sap to flow?
- Does a Maple tree crown (limb & leaf area) affect the sap flow and sweetness?
- On an average, how much sap is needed to produce one gallon of syrup?
- Taste pure maple syrup or maple sugar.
- Observe and explain what the following maple sugaring equipment is used for:
- Bucket cover
Download Honor Book