- Why is it important to read the labels in garments before laundering them?
- What is the proper way to prepare clothes for washing?
- What types of clothes should be washed in hot, warm, and cold water?
- What precaution should be used when using chlorine bleach? What are the advantages of powdered oxygen bleach? Why should chlorine bleach and ammonia never be mixed?
- What precautions should be taken when using fabric softeners?
- What points are to be considered in selecting a washing machine, ironing machine, dryer, iron? How should these laundry implements be cared for?
- How are woolen garments laundered?
- Know how to remove stains: ink, fruit, rust, grass, cocoa, grease, blood, chewing gum. Why must stains be removed before laundering?
- Why is it important to remove garments from dryer immediately when the cycle is completed?
- What type of materials should be dried only on the lowest heat settings of a dryer?
- Show a blouse or shirt that you have ironed and folded, or show a skirt and coat that you have pressed.
- Properly launder and fold clothes for your family for one week.
Download Honor Book