- Read and translate from sight a passage of at least 300 words form a book or magazine in a language not native to you.
- Carry on a simple but sustained conversation in a modern foreign language for a period of not less than five minutes.
- Listen to an address or statement of not less than two minutes’ duration made by a person to whom the foreign language is a native tongue, and translate the same into your own language.
- Write a simple letter in the foreign language of your choice, telling what contacts you have been able to make with persons whose native tongue is the language you have chosen.
- Know and repeat from memory the Pathfinder Pledge and Law in this foreign language.
- Write or tell orally about the foreign population in your vicinity and what opportunity you have to converse with those who speak the language you have studied.
Download Honor Book