1. Describe the proper type of pigeon house or loft, perch, trap and nest box; to use for pigeon raising. List the needed equipment for a loft.
2. Know a good formula for seeds, grain, and grit to be used for feed and in what proportions they should be mixed. Why should less corn be used in warm climates?
3. What is the importance of the different parts of the pigeon’s wing, especially the primary and secondary flight feathers.
4. What is the importance of proper molting. How can the molting season be controlled?
5. Raise at least two pairs of pigeons. If homing pigeons, train them to return to their loft from a distance of 25 miles (40 kms). If fancy or show pigeons, prepare them for exhibition.
6. Submit a brief report covering your experience in the care and training of the above pigeons, including sanitation, avoiding disease, lice, mites, rats, mice and other vermin.
Download Honor Book