- Identify live or from pictures at least two breeds of goat. Tell if they are raised for milk, meat, or wool.
- What type of housing should be provided for goats?
- What types of feed are used for the following:
- First month
- Freshened doe
- Second month
- Name three poisonous plants to goats.
- When are kids weaned?
- When must the buck kids be removed from the does, and why?
- How are goat’s hoofs trimmed?
- Why are goats good for clearing brush land?
- Name at least six items that are made from goat skins.
- What are wattles?
- Raise at least two goats for six months.
- If milch goats are raised, answer the following questions:
- What are the points to consider when choosing a good milk goat?
- How is pasteurization done and what is its purpose?
- If milch goats are raised, do the following:
- Do the milking morning or evening for one goat, for at least three months.
- Keep daily milk production records.
Download Honor Book