- List at least three different ways to dry foods.
- Why and how do you sulphur fruits?
- How is dried fruit stored and protected from insects?
- How are dried foods reconstituted?
- What is important in selecting fruit to be used in making fruit leather?
- How are dried nuts stored?
- Dry the following and provide samples for testing:
- Bread (Make crumbs and use in a recipe for sampling)
- Fruit leather
- Vegetable leather
- Fruit slices
- Vegetable slices (such as carrots) or pieces (such as peas)
- Vegetarian jerky
- Parsley or some other herb
- Reconstitute a vegetable and cook for sampling.
Download Honor Book