- Write a one page paper demonstrating your knowledge of how a drum corps can be used to minister within your:
- local church
- What are the four families of rudiments?
- Be able to name five rudiments from each of the four families of rudiments.
- Demonstrate ability to keep in step with the drum corps by taking part in at least one outreach program. (ex. Pathfinder Day, Conference or Local church sponsored event)
- What is the difference between drum carriers and drum straps? Demonstrate with drum equipment in a formation.
- What are the seven essential rudiments? Why are they essential?
- What is the difference between playing open vs. closed?
- Using the open/closed method, demonstrate your knowledge of the seven essential rudiments. Execute: Open to Closed to Open
- What is the difference between traditional style and matched style stick holding? Demonstrate each style by playing a sequence consisting of no less than three rudiments.
- What is the difference between drumsticks used for a drum corps and those used for a percussion drum set?
- What are the sections that make up a drum corps?
- Based on the previous question, what purpose does each section serve?
- Show the various types of protective devices used to secure drum corps equipment.
- What are the various types and sizes of drumsticks used for a drum corps?
- Know what tools and equipment used for drum practice sessions.
Download Honor Book