- Describe the steps you should take in the following areas of dog care:
- Do at least two of the following:
- Describe what can be done to remove fleas, ticks and lice from your dog.
- Mention some diseases, pests, and worms that dogs can get.
- Explain what you should do for a dog bite.
- Describe how to housebreak a puppy.
- Explain in detail how you would wash a dog and care for its general hygiene.
- Take full responsibility of feeding and watering a dog for two or three months.
- Train your dog until you can successfully demonstrate the following:*
- Heel: Your dog walks close to your left side and sits when you halt.
- Figure 8: Your dog stays close to your side without sniffing people, fire hydrants, or other dogs.
- Stand for examination: Your dog allows strangers to touch him.
- Recall: Your dog comes when called, sits directly in front of you, and moves to your left side on command.
- Long sit and long down: Your dog stays in either position while you attend to other business.
* If at all possible, dogs and handlers should get instructions from qualified teacher, preferably in a class. A certificate of completion of training in any dog obedience will be acceptable for honor.
Download Honor Book