- Know and understand the location and function of the heart and lungs.
- Define CPR and tell five conditions under which it would be used.
- Successfully complete a class sponsored by either the American Heart Association, the Red Cross, or an equivalent under a certified instructor in order to properly learn and demonstrate one-person CPR. This must be within the past 12 months.
- Understand Prudent Heart Living. List five things a person can do to maintain a healthy heart.
- Develop, maintain, and keep a record of a personalized program in exercise, health, and diet habits for one month.
- Learn the significance of the colors and design used on the Honor token for this Honor as follows:
- The person needing CPR is white, signifying no circulation.
- The person giving CPR is red, signifying a very alive person.
- The border of gold speaks to the value of the human life.
- A heart is formed by the head, shoulders, and arms of the person performing the CPR, signifying compassion for another individual.
Download Honor Book