- Have the Cooking Honor.
- How many cups make a quart? (How many mls to make a liter?) How many tablespoons to a cup? How many teaspoons to a tablespoon?
- Prepare two main casserole dishes such as macaroni, rice, beans.
- Prepare two different vegetables.
- Prepare two kinds of salad. How are salads kept crisp?
- Know the difference in food value between whole milk and skimmed milk.
- Prepare a balanced breakfast using the food guide pyramid.
- Prepare a vegetarian entree dish.
- Plan menus for one week, choosing at least three dishes in which leftovers may be used.
- Prepare a balanced meal using a vegetarian entree, a vegetable casserole and a salad.
- Know several reasons why vinegar is unhealthful.
- What does caffeine do to the body. List 5 foods that contain caffeine.
- Have 25 recipes personally prepared dishes, not more than 5 of which are candies or desserts.
Download Honor Book