DISCUSSION GROUP (Adult Facilitator Required)
- Explain how Christ encouraged people in conflict in the following Bible stories. Identify the nature of the conflict or human needs in each story that you explain.
- John 8:1-11 (Mary Magdalene)
- Matthew 18:1-6 (Disciples – Greatest Kingdom in Heaven)
- Kings 3:16:28 (Solomon and the Baby)
- Discuss relationship, identity, racial, and cultural conflicts that teenagers in your community face today (i.e. relationship with parents, self esteem, friendships).
- Describe types of human needs and give a real-life example of each.
- What is active listening? Practice active listening by role playing conflicts noted in #2.
- Apply the following method of conflict resolution to an example in #2:
- Set the scene
- Gather information
- Identify the problem
- Brainstorm solutions
- Negotiate a solution.
- Explain how to make a referral to a professional counselor or pastor.
- Discuss your own motives for wanting to help your friends when they face conflict. What about strangers?
At Risk Youth Support
Educators for Social Responsibility
https://www.esrnational.org/ (free curriculums)