- Name at least 25 parts of a steer.
- What are four characteristics of a good heifer?
- What is castration, and what is its purpose?
- Why is dehorning done, and what age is best for dehorning?
- What is creep feeding?
- When is a calf weaned?
- What are the housing needs of cattle?
- Why is it best to put feed and water at opposite ends of the pen from each other?
- Identify live or from pictures three breeds of beef cattle and three breeds of dairy cattle.
- What type of feed is required during the following:
- First 90 days
- From 90 to 180 days
- From 180 days to selling
- How can a heifer be trained to become a gentle cow?
- Care for one or more calves for a period of six months.
Download Honor Book