1. Be in at least the eighth grade.
2. Go on a visit with your pastor to a Bible study, a hospital visit, and a visit to a church member.
3. Arrange with your pastor to attend a church board meeting and a church business meeting. Make a written report of your visits to both meetings.
4. List the steps in church organization from the member to the General Conference and know their relationship to each other.
5. Find out what your church spends money on and what percentage of the budget goes to what expenses.
6. Write a report of an interview with your pastor in which you asked him the following questions:
a. What is your daily routine like?
b. What is your weekly routine like?
c. What education is required to become a minister?
d. What education outside of theology would complement a minister?
e. From what source is the pastor paid?
f. What is the most rewarding part of your ministry?
g. What is the hardest part of your ministry?
h. What are beneficial vocations for a pastor’s wife?
i. How did you know that God called you to the ministry?
j. How would I know if God were calling me to the ministry?
k. How do you do soul winning?
l. How does evangelism enter into your soul winning?
m. What advice would you give to someone who was thinking about becoming a minister?
7. Do two of the following:
a. Participate in the presentation of a Voice of Junior Youth series of meetings.
b. Utilizing one of the several Bible Study programs, give a series of Bible Studies to another person in preparation for Baptism.
c. Make four hospital visits, presenting a devotional thought and prayer at each one.
d. Give a sermon of at least 20 minutes’ length.
e. Give two evening and two morning devotionals for a campout.
f. Give devotional worships for five days at a school.
g. Attend 75%of the meetings of an evangelistic series. Obtain the following information each night.
1. How the attendance compared to the topics presented.
2. How the attendance compared to the night of the week.
For your choice of the above, a thorough preparation is needed. Where applicable, outlines or memorized material should be used. A reading of the presentation is not permitted.
8. Through Bible and Spirit of Prophecy study, learn how Jesus treated crowds of people in ministering to them.
9. Show that you have a personal daily devotional life for at least six months.
Download Honor Book