- Provide to the examiner (written or orally) two countries where Rattan (cane) is grown.
- Explain how to treat pithcane (reed) before weaving.
- What tools would you use for:
- Cane basket making
- Raffia or Indian basket making
- Weaver singeing
- Explain how to:
- Mend a broken spoke (stake)
- Join a weaving rod (reed)
- Name two kinds of bases used in baskets, and tell in which type of basket each base can be used.
- Describe how to lay:
- A footridge border
- A three-rod border
- Do the following: simple weaving, slewing, and bispoking, and stitch a raffia base.
- Make a cane sandwich tray with a wood base.
- Make a round hot pad six inches in diameter in Raffia or Indian basketry.
Download Honor Book