- Enter and exit the water un-assisted. The point is to teach how to get in and out of a pool without assistance and safely.
- While holding your breath, fully submerge your face under water for five seconds.
- Alternately inhale through the mouth above the surface and blow bubbles through the mouth/nose, with face completely submerged, seven time rhythmically and continuously.
- Open your eyes under water and retrieve submerged objects two times.
- Front float for five seconds.
- Front glide for two body lengths.
- Back float for fifteen seconds.
- Holding on to the side of the pool, kick with your feet for twenty seconds.
- Using arm and leg motion, swim five body lengths.
- Learn to put on a Life Jacket and float for thirty seconds.
- Demonstrate water safety by:
- How to call for help in case of an emergency.
- Learn how to release a cramp.
- Demonstrate reaching assist.
- Learn at least ten safety rules when around water.
Note: these requirements can be done in a backyard pool (2-3 feet deep) with adult supervision. They do not require a lifeguard or water safety instructor.
Download Honor Book