- Describe the proper use of the following: thimble, tape measure, scissors and shears, pinking shears, needles of various sizes and types.
- Become acquainted with the sewing machine in your home or school. Identify: ;balance wheel, thread take‑up, pressure foot, pressure foot lifter, needle, feed dogs, bobbin, and control.
- Demonstrate how to properly thread and run the machine.
- Hem a towel, showing neat and even stitches.
- Demonstrate your ability to properly sew on buttons, snaps, hooks and eyes.
- Tell what is meant by selvage, bias, straight of goods, and crosswise of goods.
- Make a laundry bag for camping, or a similar simple item.
Download Honor Book