1. Have the Automobile Mechanics Honor.
2. Disassemble, inspect, and reassemble an automobile or light truck engine. Replace any defective or worn parts. Rebuild, start, and operate the vehicle. Keep a complete log of events during the overhaul.
3. Remove and replace a standard or automatic transmission assembly.
4. Rebuild the brake assembly on an automobile or light truck, following proper safety procedures. Demonstrate proper brake bleeding and adjustment. Properly repack a wheel bearing.
5. Perform a minor tune-up, including the replacement of spark plugs, points and condenser (if applicable), adjusting the timing, and setting the proper ignition dwell (if applicable).
Download Honor Book