- Give the order, and the scientific name of the family, to which the antelope belong.
- Give the distinguishing characteristics of the different sub-families, with examples of each.
- Which large antelope differs from most of the others in appearance? What are some of its peculiar habits?
- What is the function of musk glands in the antelopes? Where are these glands situated on the gregarious types? On the solitary types?
- Which species could you expect to find in:
- Bush or reed beds, near water?
- Arid regions?
- Open plains?
- Scrub and forest areas?
- The vicinity of rocky kopjes, or on hillsides?
- Describe the horns, in both sexes of each species, of 15 different antelopes. What is the structure of these horns? Are there any deer in South Africa? What is the structure of their horns?
- Name at least 20 species of antelope that you have observed and can identify out-of-doors, not more than 5 of which are in captivity.
- What is a gazelle? Where would you find this animal?
- Name some diseases associated with wild bovines. How are they transmitted? Of what economic importance are they to man?
- Know the game laws of your province.
Download Honor Book