- Who are the Aborigines and where did they come from? How many tribes were there when European colonization commenced?
- Discuss the tribal system. What are totems?
- Discuss the food of the Aborigines, including:
- Kinds of food used
- How food is obtained
- How food is prepared
- Discuss their homes. Of what are they made and why are they not permanent? Where do the young men and boys sleep?
- How do they communicate with other tribes who may not understand their language? How do they send signals within the tribe? What is the purpose of the Tjuringa (or Churinga)?
- What are some of the articles of trade and exchange? What domestic utensils do they use?
- Describe some of the weapons used in hunting and warfare.
- What is a corroboree? Explain its purpose. What are clap sticks and the didgeridoo?
- What games do children play? How are young men trained? How are they initiated? What is the bora ground? What is a bull roarer?
- Discuss the two main types of Aboriginal art.
- Briefly relate the history of the Aborigines since the white man arrived in Australia, mentioning the government policies through the years and the work of missions.
Download Honor Book