- Have the following Honors:
- Camping Skills I-IV
- First Aid
- Fire Building and Camp Cookery
- Know and practice the principles of health, safety, and rules of conduct to be used when in the wilderness with a youth group.
- Know and demonstrate the principles of signaling and rescue.
- Assist in planning and participate with a group in a mock demonstration of what to do if lost, stranded, or injured in wilderness. Assist in planning and participate as a leader in a search and rescue operation involving a hidden “injured” person.
- Demonstrate some skills necessary for wilderness leadership in one of the following areas:
- Mountain (rocks, ice, high altitude)
- Temperate forest
- Plain and tundra
- Understand and demonstrate wilderness and camping etiquette regarding the preservation of the outdoors.
- Identify in the wild, prepare, and eat ten varieties of wild plants.
- Learn some of the wilderness leadership qualities of two of the following:
- John the Baptist
- Lead a group in a weekend wilderness camping experience, applying the principles and skills learned in this Honor.
Download Honor Book