- Know and practice the following safety rules:
- Never wakeboard at night.
- Never wakeboard during an electrical storm.
- Always wear a ski vest while wakeboarding.
- Make sure the wakeboarding rope is in good condition.
- Make sure the wakeboarding bindings are in good condition.
- Always have a spotter and flag in the boat.
- Stay clear of objects, such as other skiers, swimmers, tubers, docks or floating objects.
- If you fall let go of the rope.
- After a fall, raise a hand to indicate you are all right.
- Do not stand in the boat while it is moving.
- Know the following hand signals:
- Speed is OK
- Back to dock
- Put on the wakeboard by yourself. Be able to remove the wakeboard in deep water by yourself.
- Execute a deep-water start on the wakeboard on a full line rope.
- Successfully cross both wakes and return to center without falling.
- Do a small jump off the wake and land without falling.
Download Honor Book