- Read and understand the newest USA Ultimate sanctioned rules and regulations.
- Display a proficiency and understanding of both offensive and defensive positions for playing Ultimate.
- Define and play all positions in a zone defense, and understand how to break a zone:
- Demonstrate proficiency in throwing the disk:
- Bounce Pass
- Shovel Pass
- Define the dimensions of a regulation playing field and end zones, and demonstrate an ability to set up markers and cones.
- Define the following terms and playing circumstances:
- Laying Out
- As a team or individual, develop a plan to practice outreach while completing the requirements for this honor. Possible options should include the following:
- Post notes on bulletin boards and online, and place classifieds in newspapers inviting community participation
- Have prayer before and/or after each game
- Exhibit “Spirit of the Game” both on and off the field
- Encourage healthy lifestyle choices both on and off the field, and encourage appropriate behavior and language
- Practice throwing/catching and offensive/defensive drills and learn how to play smaller scale versions of the game as practice with fewer players, including “Hot Box.”.
- Play three (3) collegiate pick-up games or a sanctioned USA Ultimate league game.
- Become a member of the Ultimate Player’s Association, https://www.usaultimate.org/membership/default.aspx, or compete in a USA Ultimate-sanctioned tournament.
Download Honor Book