- List as many modes of transportation you can think of that people use to get around the planet. Narrow down the previous list to a “Top Five” most common modes of transportation. List the pros and cons of each of the “Top Five.”
- List some of the pros and cons of the following types of lodging:
- Youth hostel
- What types of documentation may be necessary for travel? Explain the purpose of each type of document.
- Watch a travelogue program that shows travel scenery and geography of a unique location.
- Discuss in a group setting what kind of attitude travelers should have when traveling abroad.
- Create a simple 7-day trip plan for a “family vacation.” As part of your plan, create a 7-day trip planner and include:
- Details on one historic place to visit
- Details on two natural sites to visit
- Details on one recreational site to visit
Note: the first and last days may be travel days
- List a few different ways people got around in Bible times.
- Calculate approximately how long it would take to walk between Jerusalem and Damascus.
- Sketch a map of a trip mentioned in the Bible:
- Show name of person(s) and path taken including notable stops made.
- Show different types of lines for each different mode of transport taken.
- Show a “legend/key” for identifying markings and transport types.
Note: You may have to logically guess some aspects of the information if not mentioned directly in scripture.
Download Honor Book