- What education is needed for teaching the following:
- Elementary school
- Secondary school
- What is recertification?
- Interview at least two teachers with the following questions:
- Why did you choose to become a teacher?
- What part of teaching do you like the best?
- What part of teaching do you like the least?
- What do you do to get ready for a school year?
- What do you do to get ready for a school day?
- What teacher-related activities do you do after school is out each day?
- What are some qualities of a good teacher?
- What are the responsibilities and duties of a teacher?
- Explore the Bible and the book Education tolearn what teaching methods Jesus used.
- Present a three-minute oral report on what you learned.
- If you are 16 years old or younger, do the following for a minimum of 40 minutes per week for three weeks:
- Assist a teacher in designing and preparing a bulletin board.
- Assist a teacher in preparing learning aids.
- With the supervision of a teacher, teach a child or class at least one concept.
- If you are older than 16 years, do three of the following:
- Teach an adult’s or children’s Sabbath School class for a minimum of six weeks.
- Teach in one department of Vacation Bible School for each day.
- Teach two Honors.
- Assist in teaching requirements for one of the Pathfinder classes, culminating in investiture.
- Teach at least one year in an elementary or secondary school or in a college.
Download Honor Book