Complete the Red Cross Swimming level V – Stroke Refinement or the following:
1. Demonstrate alternate breathing.
2. Demonstrate stride jump entry.
3. Demonstrate standing dive from board.
4. Demonstrate long shallow dive.
5. Swim breaststroke–ten yards.
6. Swim side stroke–ten yards.
7. Swim underwater-15 yards.
8. Swim elementary backstroke–25 yards.
9. Demonstrate dolphin kick–10 yards.
10. Swim front crawl–50 yards.
11. Swim back crawl–10 yards.
12. Demonstrate open turn on front.
13. Demonstrate open turn on back.
14. Discuss safe rules for diving from a board.
15. Discuss recognition of spinal injury.
16. Demonstrate hip/shoulder support.
17. Demonstrate feet-first surface dive.
18. Tread water for two minutes total with two different kicks.
Red Cross Water Safety Instructor’s ManualDownload Honor Book