- Participate in the preparation of a food garden nine meters square. Cover the following points.
- Choosing the site
- Clearing the bush
- Cleaning the area
- Preparation of the soil for planting
- Through a practical demonstration show how you will make and use compost in your garden.
- List the crops from the following plant families you will plant in your garden and the time of year that you can do this.
- Root crops—e.g. cassave, sweet potatoes, carrots
- Grass—e.g. corn, sugar cane
- Legumes—e.g. beans, peanuts
- Leafy vegetables—e.g. cabbage varieties, aibika
- Fruit—e.g. Bananas, pawpaw, tomatoes, egg plant, pumpkins, cucumber
- Show by practical demonstration and by diagram how you will divide your garden to plant your crops.
- What crops will best grow where you have burnt out stumps and logs?
- Show and demonstrate how you will keep your garden free from weeds and garden pests.
- Demonstrate how you will plant your crops to have a continual supply.
- Show how to harvest crops for family use and commercial sale.
- Show how you will rotate your crops.
- Outline what you would do with your garden area after several seasons of cropping.
Download Honor Book