- Answer the following questions:
- What is the earth’s nearest celestial neighbor?
- What is its distance from the earth?
- What governs the tide?
- What causes an eclipse?
- What is a shooting star?
- How fast does light travel?
- Make a diagram showing relative positions and movements of the earth, sun, and moon. Show positions and movements for eclipses of the sun and moon.
- Make a diagram of our solar system and be able to name the planets in order from the sun.
- Identify in the sky eight fixed stars. What is the difference between planets and fixed stars?
- What is a constellation? Name and point out six. Name two constellations visible throughout the year.
- For the Northern Hemisphere: draw a chart of the Big Dipper, Cassiopeia, and the North Star. For the Southern Hemisphere: draw a chart of the Southern Cross, Orion and Scorpio.
- What is the Milky Way? Observe the Milky Way in the night sky.
- What is the morning and evening star? Why does it carry both names?
- Explain zenith and nadir.
- What is the aurora borealis? What causes it?
Download Honor Book