- Define what “soil” means?
- Where on earth is all soil located?
- What are 5 key factors in soil formation?
- Define the following terms:
- Organic layer
- Mineral layer
- Soil Profile
- Parent Material
- Define the term “Soil Classification”. Why are soils classified?
- Discuss three differences between the following soil types:
- Examine a 2-foot vertical section of soil. Label the different types of organic matter found, identify the different soil horizons, and mark the transition from the soil layer to the mineral layer.
- Draw, photograph, or collect and correctly label 5 different soil types.
Download Honor Book