- Complete the Snowshoeing Honor.
- Explain 10 different kinds of snowflakes and their influence on snowshoeing.
- Using one of the following, create a presentation that describes the origin and history of snowshoeing, including the use among native American peoples. List all sources used.
- Electronic presentation
- Bulletin board/presentation board display
- Verbal presentation
- Written report (minimum of one-page)
- Review the basics of Snowshoeing safety as outlined in the Snowshoeing Honor.
- Do one of the following.
- Make a pair of functional “survival snowshoes” out of native and first aid materials that would likely be available to you in a survival environment.
- Make a traditional set of functional snowshoes from natural and/or synthetic materials.
- Successfully complete two three-mile snowshoe hikes. Make a detailed report describing the approximate depth and condition of the snow, animals and fauna, and the approximate speed at which you traveled.
- After one of your hikes, write a paragraph exploring the spiritual dimensions of snow. Be sure to include at least three Scriptural references to snow.
Download Honor Book