- Describe the design and operation of the 2-cycle engine and the 4-cycle engine.
- Name the parts of the 2-cycle engine and tell what each part does.
- List the fuel types used in small engines and explain their use.
- Show care and safety in fuel handling and storage.
- Describe two types of ignition systems.
- List two acceptable cleaning fluids for small engines. (Why is gasoline an improper cleaning fluid?)
- List and tell how three basic lubrication systems operate.
- List in order a general trouble-shooting procedure.
- Demonstrate that you can overhaul, clean, inspect, reassemble, and properly tune any small engine.
- Demonstrate that you know how to test and clean spark plugs and glow plugs.
Download Honor Book