- Have previously earned the Basic Prayer Honor.
- Read and discuss as a group the purpose of prayer as outlined in James 1:2-9.
- Examine answered prayers in the Bible about a variety of Bible characters, then present a skit about two of the above prayer stories and answers to their prayers. (Samson, David, Hezekiah, Moses, Elisha, Daniel, etc. ).
- In 1 Thessalonians 5:17, we read that we are to “pray without ceasing” Discuss what this means and how this can be done.
- Read or listen to the chapter in Steps to Christ by Ellen G. White entitled “The Privilege of Prayer” and discuss with a group what you learned.
- Ellen White writes in The Great Controversy that “It is part of God’s plan to grant us in answer to the prayer of faith, that which He would not bestow did we not thus ask.”
- Discuss the meaning of this passage to a Christian believer.
- In your discussion, ask “Why do you think God does something in answer to prayer that He would not otherwise do?”
- Memorize six (6) different verses about prayer. For each memorized passage, be able to tell (as appropriate):
- What a person prayed for
- The person’s prayer location
- Time a person prayed
- The person’s position in prayer
- Interview three (3) people regarding their answered prayers and share the stories with your club, unit, church or family.
- Create a plan for praying in public.
- Practice your prayer before praying with others.
- When you pray to God, talk to Him as a friend.
- Pray aloud at two of the following occasions:
- Pathfinder/AY Meeting
- School meeting
- Sabbath School
- Church Service
- Prayer Meeting/Small Group meeting
- Keep a daily prayer journal for six weeks, recording your prayers and any recognized answers to prayer.
Download Honor Book