- Relate briefly the story of the beginning of the postcards in your country.
- How was your country’s postal system affected by the coming of postcards?
- What are the mailing rates for postcards and letters in your country?
- What is the term used in your country for postcards collecting?
- Give a brief description of each of the following eras of postcards:
- Pre-postcard era
- Pioneer era
- Private mailing card era
- Undivided back era
- Divided back era
- Early modern era (White Border)
- Linen card era
- Photo chrome era
- Briefly describe each type of postcards:
- View cards
- Greeting cards
- Historical cards
- Art cards
- Photographic cards
- Show and label a picture of a postcard from each of the above eras.
- Have some knowledge of preserving postcards.
- Make a collection of at least 50 postcards. (No two postcards alike.) Your collection MUST include the following:
- Begin your arrangement with a postcard of a religious nature
- Postcards from at least 10 states/provinces/countries
- Postcards from at least 2 other countries that are not your own
- Arrange the collection of postcards in a suitable display and display at a pathfinder’s event.
- How were greetings sent in Biblical times? 2 Cor 13:13, Phil 4:21 or 2 John 13.
Download Honor Book