- Describe the proper type of pigeon house or loft, perch, trap and nest box; to use for pigeon raising. List the needed equipment for a loft.
- Know a good formula for seeds, grain, and grit to be used for feed and in what proportions they should be mixed. Why should less corn be used in warm climates?
- What is the importance of the different parts of the pigeon’s wing, especially the primary and secondary flight feathers.
- What is the importance of proper molting. How can the molting season be controlled?
- Raise at least two pairs of pigeons. If homing pigeons, train them to return to their loft from a distance of 25 miles (40 kms). If fancy or show pigeons, prepare them for exhibition.
- Submit a brief report covering your experience in the care and training of the above pigeons, including sanitation, avoiding disease, lice, mites, rats, mice and other vermin.
Download Honor Book