- Assist in setting out the ground of a simple house squarely and accurately.
- Assist with choosing and cutting proper timber from the bush for posts, floor, rafters, wall plates, studs, steps, and doors.
- Do the following:
- Plait local materials for walls.
- Make sections for a wall 1m x 1m and show two different wall patterns.
- Show ability to thatch a roof correctly, especially the ridge and hips, using kunai grass, sago palm leaves, coconut palm leaves, or any other materials.
- Where applicable, select, prepare, and use vines for tying and lashing.
- Take part in building a house not less than 4m x 2m using native materials. In building the house practice all requirements 1-5. Show while building the house that you have taken measures to keep it free from termites.
- Demonstrate ability to name, use, and care for the following tools: ax, saw, hammer, chisel, bush knife, ruler, and tape spade.
Download Honor Book